Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What Will Highways Look Like in 50 Years?

On your morning commute, do you ever wonder how your drive could be different? HowStuffWorks.com takes a look into the foreseeable future to describe what the highways of tomorrow could look like: bit.lyTfqDhz


 

"Safety measures in highways will help prevent crashes by detecting car position, speed and momentum. When conditions change suddenly on the road, the system will override a car's manual control system. It will mean we'll surrender some of our freedom to a larger system but it will also lead to fewer accidents and traffic jams.

Perhaps we'll even reach a point where our cars will interface with the highways so that we can relinquish control completely if we choose. I know there are millions of people who love to drive and I doubt we'll reach the point where it will be mandatory to give up all control. But at the same time, I can't wait for the day when I just tell my car where I want to go and then let it do all the work for me."

Courtesy of Howstuffworks.com

0comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More