Friday, August 31, 2012

The Ford F-250: The Ability To Save Lives


Ford does its best to produce a quality product, especially when it comes to our trucks. The F250 incorporates, not only style, but high tow capacity, groundbreaking technology and safety. This same technology and safety saved one Ford drivers life...

I just purchased a 2012 F250 and was told that the electronic braking system was smart enough to work with the trailer brakes to counteract sway conditions. I thought, “That’s pretty cool!”. With only a few hundred miles on the truck, I towed a trailer down to Flagstaff and then loaded it up with 12,000 lbs of commercial tires to bring back up to Utah (8-9 hour drive). The tongue weight was so much that I had to adjust my hitch to the highest position to keep it from hitting the ground. (I know – this isn’t an optimal setup)

The problem was that the trailer’s brakes were non-functioning and the anti-sway bar was broken and therefore we didn’t take it with us. I thought that if I just kept my speed down and kept plenty of distance between me and the car ahead, that I’d be fine.

The 6.7L engine was great at pulling the load and didn’t have much trouble, even up some tough hills. What I soon found out was that my problems wouldn’t materialize until I was going downhill...

Read more: http://social.ford.com/your-stories/trucks/superduty/f250-testimonial/

0comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More